Try this classic turkey eggs benedict recipe using Handsome Brook Farm pasture raised organic eggs.
1 Handsome Brook Farm egg
1 1/2 cup baby spinach, washed and dried
1 slice red onion (sweet yellow may substituted)
1/2 cup leftover turkey, warmed
1 English muffin, split and toasted
1 tbsp vinegar for poaching
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a gentle boil (small bubble, slightly more than a simmer).
2. While the water heats, heat a small pan over medium-high heat. Sear the red onion slice on both sides until it is soft, with a golden brown exterior. Set aside and keep warm.
3. To the same pan, add the spinach and cook until wilted, seasoning with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside, keeping warm.
4. Once the water has come to a gentle boil, add your vinegar. Crack the egg into a small bowl or dish, making sure the yolk remains intact and there are no shell pieces. Add the egg to the water and gently poach for three minutes. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon or fine mesh strainer and gently lay to drain on paper towels.
5. Using a warm plate, on the thickest half of the English muffin, spread a small layer of hollandaise and top with the spinach and red onion slice. Add the turkey. Top with the poached egg and the remaining English muffin half (if desired). Drizzle with the remaining hollandaise.
2 Handsome Brook Farm egg yolks
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (organic bottled may be substituted)
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp butter, melted in a small measured cup (or any heatsafe vessel with a spout)
Pinch of cayenne or chili powder (optional)
1. Beat together egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter, while whisking to incorporate at the same time. Continue whisking until blended.
2. Microwave for 15 seconds, and whisk until smooth.
There's always something fresh coming from our farms. Sign up today to get the latest news and special offers delivered directly to you.