5 cups Water
3 cups whole milk
1 ¾ cups White Quick Grits
3 tsp Salt
2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Cream Cheese
1 cup Drained Diced Pimentos
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Onion powder
¼ tsp Cayenne
5 dashes tabasco sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire
16 slices Apple Wood Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
3 thinly sliced Green onions
10 Handsome Brook Farm large eggs, beaten well
1. Over medium-high heat, bring water and milk to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Gradually whisk in the grits, a small amount at a time to prevent lumping.
3. Add salt and reduce heat to low, whisking frequently.
4. Allow grits to continue to cook for about 20 minutes until they are soft and creamy.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pimentos, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, tabasco, and worcestershire.
6. Whisk all ingredients in well and then fold in bacon and green onions.
7. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, whisking occasionally.
8. Quickly whisk in beaten eggs. Set saucepan to the side.
9. Generously spray a large baking dish 9 by 12, with pan spray.
10. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, allow to sit for 20 minutes.
12. Serve. Makes 8 servings.
Are Organic Eggs Really Better? Read This Before Heading To The Grocery Store
Want To Try Another Pimento Cheese Favorite? Check Out This Pimento Cheese Omelette Recipe
There's always something fresh coming from our farms. Sign up today to get the latest news and special offers delivered directly to you.