8 ½ Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth, ½ cup reserved
1 small Finger of Fresh Ginger
2 bunches of Green onions
3 Cloves Garlic
3 tsp. salt
4 Handsome Brook Farm eggs, beaten
4 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1 Jalapeno seeded and diced
2 Cups Julienned Collard Greens
2 Cups Diced Fried Chicken Breast
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat bring 8 cups chicken broth, ginger, green onions and garlic to a boil for 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low and allow broth to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and strain vegetables from broth.
4. Discard vegetables and return broth back to saucepan.
5. Place the saucepan over medium heat. Add the salt.
6. In a small bowl combine reserved ½ cup of broth with cornstarch until you have a smooth paste.
7. Add cornstarch to broth and stir.
8. Cook for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
9. Add jalapenos and collard greens and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
10. Add fried chicken breast.
11. While stirring, gradually add beaten egg to the broth.
12. Serve with sesame fried wontons or chicken skin cracklin’.
What Is A Day In The Life Like For A Handsome Brook Farm Hen? Get A Bird’s Eye View
What Is Shakshuka? Find Out Here
There's always something fresh coming from our farms. Sign up today to get the latest news and special offers delivered directly to you.