150 g (1 cup) AP Flour
140 g (slightly less than 1 cup) butter, unsalted cold and cut into small cubes
3 Tablespoons cold water
8 oz milk
4 Handsome Brook Farm eggs, lightly beaten
Pepper to taste
Blanched spinach 8 oz, chopped thinly
6 slices of cooked and crumbled crispy bacon
Salt to taste
4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 oz grated Parmesan (or grana padano)
1 oz of very small chopped onion
1/2 clove of thinly chopped garlic, almost to purée
1. Place pie crust ingredients in mixer and mix until pea-size butter forms
2. Cover and let cool.
3. Roll as needed.
4. Heat oven to 350°F.
5. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate.
6. In a medium bowl, mix half-and-half, eggs, salt and pepper; set aside.
7. Layer bacon, cheeses and onion in crust-lined plate.
8. Pour egg mixture over top.
9. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges.
What Makes Egg Yolks Orange? Learn more…
Want Another Brunch Recipe? Check Out This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe!
There's always something fresh coming from our farms. Sign up today to get the latest news and special offers delivered directly to you.