Explore a twist on the traditional with this scrumptious cranberry eggnog bread pudding recipe using Handsome Brook Farm pasture raised organic eggs. The perfect holiday dessert for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years!
5 large Handsome Brook Farm’s Pasture Raised Organic Eggs
2 1/2 cups eggnog
3 tablespoons spiced rum, optional (amaretto or brandy also work great!)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 loaf stale french bread, cubed
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons spiced rum
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9×13 casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Fold in bread cubes and cranberries and let soak for 15 minutes.
3. Transfer the bread pudding mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and springs back when lightly tapped (the pudding should be puffy but firm).
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool so that it solidifies before serving. I like to serve it still warm.
5. While the bread pudding is cooling, make the rum sauce. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until smooth.
6. Add the cream and rum and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
7. Serve bread pudding warm, drizzled with buttery rum sauce.
There's always something fresh coming from our farms. Sign up today to get the latest news and special offers delivered directly to you.